Wednesday, October 1, 2008

He's the only reason I'm alive. A testimony to God's grace.

All my life my parents have taken me and my sisters to church. I am the middle child of three girls (my older sister is 17, I’m 15, and my little sister is 3). I am a Christian, and so are my parents and older sister (my little sister is not yet at the age of understanding how to accept Christ). When people look at me, they see a normal girl. I look like, dress, act just the way my friends do. My life has been a fairly normal life. I was in public school from first through seventh grade, and I have been homeschooled since. I had some friend issues in middle school. Some of my friends were great, but most of the people I hung out with did drugs. I didn’t know this at the time (although it should have been obvious). I never considered doing drugs, and I knew that I never wanted to. I had always promised my parents never to even consider getting into any of the drugs, cutting, alcohol, smoking, and all of the other dangerous addictions out there. I never thought that I would consider suicide.
Earlier this year (2008), my older sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had her first surgery to remove the tumor just two days after her birthday. When I first found out that she had cancer, there was one constant question running through my mind “what if she dies?”. I soon started wondering how I could live without my best friend. This is when I broke my promises to my parents. I seriously considered suicide. I knew that downing a handful of random pills could do finish me off. I knew that other people in my family took medications. It wouldn’t be hard for me to get a bunch. I remember the day that I came dangerously close to doing it. I was all alone (it was hard for me to be around people a whole lot; in case they brought up my sister’s cancer), and I was thinking. I kept thinking that her life was over, and there is no way mine can go on any more. I don’t know how God convinced me not to go through with it. I am so glad He did. My sister no longer has cancer. I am still struggling today knowing that there is a possibility of her finding another tumor. There is that chance for everyone, but I am no longer suicidal. I have great friends and family to talk to, and most importantly, I have a great relationship with God. He is my rock. He is the reason for why I am alive. He has given me life twice now, and I am so grateful that he has! Even though there have been people here for me to talk to, I know that God is truly the only reason for my being alive today. I owe him my life more than I could ever express.

A real testimony written by anonymous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! thats amazing! how is your sister doing?

Teens Against Drugs said...

This is not my testimony..
The girl who wrote it wanted to remain anonymous...:)
Thanks for reading! I hope this has blessed you!
Katy