Sunday, January 11, 2009

Your Story

Hey.
I know that it's been awhile since I have written but I just couldn't seem to have the words that God wanted me to say. And now I do.
I just got back today from a Winter Retreat in the mountains. It was amazing.
God spoke to me this weekend in so many incredible ways. And one includes your story and mine.
You may wonder why you go through the things that you do. You wonder why your parents are alchoholics, druggies, or just plain messed up. You wonder why your boyfriend just dumped you for your best friend. Why the world seems to go on without you, and all your friends leave you in the dust. You wonder why God isn't there when you need Him.
Things like that happen in our lives for a reason. People aren't perfect. You're not perfect. And I'm definitely not perfect.
God put these trials in our lives to bring us closer to Him. To make us stronger. Our stories are so much greater than ourselves. They affect everyone around us. Sometimes they affect the lives of people that we don't even know.
I want you to meet a person, a friend of mine, who I think that you might enjoy getting to know. He's the coolest person that I've ever talked to. His story is the most amazing that I've ever heard.
His story includes every emotion that you feel. Betrayel, hurt, disgrace, love, joy, peace, sorrow. He lost friends, he was betrayed. He was lied about, he cried. But He also felt love and joy. He paid the ultimate price. He gave His life for your story. So that your story and His could become one. You in His and He in yours. He wants to be your friend. Do you want to be His?
Yes, my friend's name is Jesus. Yes, the God of the universe is my Constant Friend. He is my Father. He will never ever leave me. He will never dump me for someone "better" because in His eyes I am the most important thing in the world.
The wife of the speaker this weekend said the most amazing thing that made me just be in awe of just how much God loves me. She said,"Even if you were the only one on the earth who needed salvation, He still would have done exactly what He did. He still would have come and laid down His life for yours."
I know that people say,"God loves you!" all the time and eventually it doesn't effect you hardly at all. But when you think of it like Mandy does, it just completely washes over you. I was just struck with the Truth, the Truth that I am sooo worth it. That God really loves me. And He loves you too.
So, yes, my best friend forever is Jesus. He will never leave me. He will never hurt me. He is my Hope and Salvation. He can be your best friend too. Let Him write your story. And when you do let Him write it, that doesn't mean that the hurt and the dissapointment just dissapear. No. Sometimes it's the complete opposite. But wouldn't it just be so much easier to go through life with Someone who never leaves? Let Him write your story.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow. That post really hit home how much God loves me. I totally agree with what you said, when people say "God loves you", after a while it doesn't have any effect any more. But that really made me remember what Jesus did for me and the price he paid to be my friend.
Thank you for posting this!